Wednesday, August 2, 2017

S U R A T


This is a post I've been itching to write from the time I got my own SURAT products, an advance birthday present from a friend. To my friend – I’m so sorry Thank you so much!, Maraming Maraming Salamat & Thank you for introducing  #SuratJournals. I was actually surprised with the care package that I received. The smell of genuine leather hit the moment I unwrapped the brown paper carrier, super-duper-excited-unboxing-moment – I just love the smell of leather. I myself am a great fan of leather: handmade leather, old school looking handmade and things with personal touch (touch of love)...

Skipping the backstories, I received a lot of things: a long wallet, two card holders (one that has two credit/business card slots and the other one has four), passport holder and my personal favorite is the “journal” (the flagship product of  #SuratJournals).  I have been a keen journaler (if there is such a word) ever since childhood, I’ve been interested in writing and sketching, so, receiving a journal as a gift is overwhelming. Again, Thank you! You know who you are. =P

The word “Surat” is used in Indonesian means  write, letter or mail (thanks to google translate, to Arum, too, an Indonesian friend of mine, Hahaha – I also asked and get the confirmation from the owner itself). So, it makes sense, right?! =)

#SuratJournals Artisan leather products, handmade in Philippines, creatively designed and owned by Kenneth Surat.

a look inside my journal...


The leather is incredibly soft and flexible. The covers have been beautifully done; they aren't roughly cut. Be that as it may, the leather is not over-finished but that totally didn't bother me (perfectly imperfect ika nga). It has an uneven and rustic look that I like, leaving some marks such as small scratches, spots, and blotches. The scrapes just added to the highly vintage feels.

The bindings along the spine were relatively secure, stitched with waxed thread and not cheaply done at all (kumbaga hindi basta-basta minadaling ginawa) though, there are some pages, hirap ako sulatan – maybe it’s just me. Each of those bindings is what holds the sections of paper together, inside. The strap used to wrap around the journal and close it up, just as soft and supple as the rest of the journal's outer shells.

The paper are made from finely crafted recycled paper. Old-style paper just like it was back in the old times, softer feel and easy to write on. It has four bundles of blank paper that were bound into it. I don’t know how many pages but one thing is for sure it’s not enuf for expressing your innermost thoughts and feelings to fill those blank pages.

This isn't just a leather products that you should be afraid to get scuffed or toss in your bag unprotected. It's going to look even better as it shows its age.

I'm fascinated and impressed. #SuratJournals makes excellent leather journals at a sensible price. It all comes down to whether the style fits your personal preference. Super thanks to Kenneth Surat for creating these gorgeous journals and the other products as well.

Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this review. I just love the products! Kenneth Surat, Alam mo na ha! Hahaha

OWN A #SuratJournals NOW =)

Receiving gift from someone is one of the best moment of life for everyone. It’s just kind of way to express our feelings. Act of gift giving inspires and admire to bring the friendship or closeness in relations. So, it’s only not important to receive a gift, but it’s also foremost fact that the person who gives the gift is important for us.

So, if you are looking for a special gift, for yourself, or a surprise to your friends or loved ones, then you're in the right place! #SuratJournals is a PERFECT GIFT. No Charrots!

Record all of your thoughts, ideas, sketches and travelogues in this handmade leather journal.

OWN A  #SuratJournals NOW!

If you need further information, please check and contact #SuratJournals , just click the links below , and he will be happy to help you further.



4 comments:

  1. ang ganda! Naku mapapabili ako. Ikaw na talaga ang #influencer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ang ganda! gusto ko rin nyan!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a look inside my journal...very artistic use of dry flowers and strokes.

    This is a must-have for people who enjoys journaling.

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?